Prague, the capital city of Czech Republic is considered to be one of the most charming and beautiful cities to visit in Europe. I had the chance to visit this city twice, last 2008 and July of 2011. Prague is a historical city. It was founded in the later 9th century, and soon became the seat of Bohemian kings, some of whom ruled as emperors of the Holy Roman Empire.

The image you see is the famous bridge in Prague. It is called the Charles Bridge which connects Old Town with Lesser Town. Its construction started in the 14th century and it is one of Prague’s most beautiful structures. During the day, it is a bustling place of trade and entertainment, as musicians busk and artists sell their paintings and jewelry. Charles bridge crosses the Vltava River.

The historic center of Prague is included in the list of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.

The Charles Bridge that crosses Vltava River in Prague. I took this image during our second visit last July 2011.

8 Comments so far »

1. by Denise, on November 15 2011 @ 9:07 pm

It looks like a beautiful city. I remember my parents going there about 30 years ago and also remember them showing me their pictures. Maybe I'll get to see it one day, I hope so.

2. by amatterofhowyouseeit.com, on November 16 2011 @ 8:12 am

Gorgeous image – especially when viewed large.

Some of my ancestors are from this city – I should like to visit it one day.

3. by Kim, USA, on November 16 2011 @ 4:32 pm

You are blessed to live in this part of the world. So many beautiful places and buildings that has a long history to tell. Thanks for the visit too I appreciate it!

4. by Michelle, on November 16 2011 @ 6:16 pm

That is truly beautiful!

5. by JO, on November 16 2011 @ 6:21 pm

beautiful place!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

6. by Pinay, on November 18 2011 @ 9:51 am

Beautiful city!There are so many wonderful places to visit in europe alone.

Thanks Ruby sa pagbisita sa ako blog.Pasensya na kron rko ka visit,nagkasakit ko.

Amor

7. by Husnain Ali, on November 18 2011 @ 4:57 pm

i like it very much
    seo

8. by ☆Mama Ko☆, on November 21 2011 @ 3:06 am

I.m so curious with the place hope to visit it one day

Comment RSS · TrackBack URI

Name: (Required)

eMail: (Required)

Website:

Comment:

The Author

Traveling has always been her passion. Ruby wants to share her travels, adventures and personal experiences in Europe and maybe from around the world. The reason why Europe Travel Pad was created. Discover Europe virtually through this blog and travel with her as the journey goes on.

Extras