Beautiful Toledo, Spain

It is always nice to remember this beautiful city of Toledo in Spain. I visited it twice during our trip to Spain recently. The name of this city has a two thousand years of history dating back to the Roman times. It is around 70 km south of Madrid.

During our first visit last December 9, 2011, we had a tour guide that brought us to the different historical sights of Toledo. It is always interesting knowing the history, culture and people of a certain place like Toledo.

Since this is the last Thursday of 2011, I would like to take the chance to greet all the readers, viewers and visitors of this blog a happy and more bountiful New Year 2012 with peace, love and happiness to everyone!

I am wishing and hoping for more travels next year. God’s willing!

taken during our visit last December 9, 2011.

Toledo was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1986 for its extensive cultural and monumental heritage as one of the former capitals of the Spanish Empire and place of coexistence of Christian, Jewish and Muslim cultures, as well as the place where harsh religious persecutions were held against the Jews.

The Alcantara bridge and the bastion on the background in Toledo during the night.

Skywatch Friday
Weekend Reflection
Scenic Sunday
Shadow Shot Sunday
Sunday Snapshot

11 Comments so far »

1. by Rajesh, on December 30 2011 @ 3:44 am

Wonderful views of the city.
    Wish you Happy and Prosperous New Year.

2. by Cecilia Artista, on December 31 2011 @ 12:41 pm

Beautiful pictures from Toledo!
    I visited Toledo last spring. A very nice and old town!
    Happy New Year!

3. by Wenche, on December 31 2011 @ 3:35 pm

Oh, never been here. But love to go – cause it looks like a beautiful place. Wonderful shot ! :0) Have a Happy New Year ! :0)

4. by Island Rambles Blog, on January 1 2012 @ 6:08 am

Hi what a lovely place and good shots……..my first time on Weekend Reflections
    and I have put on a party of reflections for
    everyone to come and see.

5. by Gemma Wiseman, on January 2 2012 @ 12:30 am

A fascinating city with a commanding presence on the skyline! And love the bridge by night light!

6. by Magical Mystical Teacher, on January 2 2012 @ 12:51 am

I, too, hope that you can travel far and wide in 2012!

SHADOWS AROUND ME

Shadows around me, shadows above;
    Menacing shadows? No, just of love.
    Shadows to guide me through each today,
    Shadows around me at work or play.

© 2012 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Shadows and Reflections

7. by KB, on January 2 2012 @ 3:50 am

Beautiful. My SS is up too.

Happy New Year.

8. by Cassie, on January 2 2012 @ 6:08 am

Lovely ShadowShots! Hoping you have a Happy SSS and New Year too!!

9. by Red Nomad OZ, on January 2 2012 @ 7:41 am

Love that last shot … SO dramatic!! Happy New Year!!

10. by Gattina, on January 2 2012 @ 6:01 pm

Beautiful pictures, I only was once in Spain, looooong ago. With my Italian husband we always went to Italy.

11. by Nexora, on July 29 2013 @ 3:20 pm

If you’re looking to visit Toledo on a budget you should definitely check out Be Your Guide Toledo, a mobile device application that was developed specifically for the city of Toledo! It’s free to download in the app store and is the only one of its kind on the market. Being from the city of Toledo themselves, Nexora Solutions felt that this would be a great opportunity to share the wealth our city has to offer the world. It works offline too, so even if you’re traveling and don’t have an international plan you can use all of the features. It also provides user reviews of local pubs and restaurants to ensure that you have the best experience possible.

Comment RSS · TrackBack URI