This beautiful city which is located at the foot of Sierra Nevada in the region of Andalusia, Spain is truly marvelous. I feel in love with its beauty adding to the fact that we visited lot of interesting and historical sights there including the famous Alhambra.

The Alhambra is considered to be the most striking, best preserved Arabian palace in the whole world.This is the monument that still gleams bright considering much of Moorish Granada. Alhambra an Arabic word which literally means the “red one” was constructed during the mid 14th century by the Moorish rulers of the Emirate of Granada in al-Andalus. It is occupying the top of the hill of the Assabica on the southeastern border of the city of Granada.

If you are visiting Granada, be sure not to miss Alhambra. Our tour guide told us that you must book your ticket months before especially during peak summer season. Alhambra is truly a must to see.

view of the Alhambra from teh garden of Generalife. I am glad to visit it once in my life. I was there with my friend Joy last December 8, 2011. It was a very memorable trip in this Andalusian city of Spain.

The Patio de los Arrayanes with the Comares tower, a crenellated fortress 45 meters high. I wish to go back again in this city and explore more about Alhambra. For some reason, I just love this place.

Skywatch Friday
Weekend Reflection
Scenic Sunday
Shadow Shot Sunday
Sunday Snapshot

6 Comments so far »

1. by Kim, USA, on January 20 2012 @ 8:50 pm

That is beautiful and the reflection is awesome!

SWF

2. by lanie, on January 21 2012 @ 3:12 pm

very nice place… love it! thanks for visiting and joining me to my blogspot, hoping you join me too in my .com Wifey Online Diary thanks

3. by Jane, on January 21 2012 @ 5:35 pm

Nice reflections, looks like a very pretty place:)

4. by Kelly, on January 23 2012 @ 11:41 pm

Oooo – I love the reflecting pool!

5. by Gemma Wiseman, on January 24 2012 @ 4:34 am

An Arabian palace sounds like something from a fairy tale! Love the romantic idea of its features and especially that beautiful mirror pool like the Taj Mahal feature!

6. by Robert Nicolaescu, on January 29 2012 @ 6:45 pm

Very interesting!

Comment RSS · TrackBack URI

Name: (Required)

eMail: (Required)

Website:

Comment:

The Author

Traveling has always been her passion. Ruby wants to share her travels, adventures and personal experiences in Europe and maybe from around the world. The reason why Europe Travel Pad was created. Discover Europe virtually through this blog and travel with her as the journey goes on.

Extras